Monday, September 15, 2008

sing, sing a song, sing out loud...

i totally stole this game from Chris over at my 2 cents. i loved wracking my brain trying to figure out his lyrics, so i thought i'd share the love with y'all.

the following are the first four lines to random songs selected by my iTunes. no artist is repeated and i've reproduced the lyrics to 99% accuracy.


yes, these are my parents. my deaf parents.

some are so easy, but still! no cheating. i'll reveal the answers on sunday and the blogger with the most correct answers rules all. why, there may even be a prize!



1. Now I can tell you about success, about fame
About the rise and the fall
of all the stars in the sky
Don't it make you smile?

2. Man its a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
I hear you whisper and the words melt everyone
But you stay so cool

3. Come into these arms again
and lay your body down.
The rhythm of this trembling heart
is beating like a drum.

4. Morning smiles
Like the face of a newborn child
Innocent unknowing winter’s end
Promises of a long lost friend

5. I am a big man (yes I am),
and I have a big gun.
Got me a big old dick and I,
I like to have fun

6. Well, Annie's pretty neat, she always eats her meat
Joe is awful strong, bet your life he's putting us on
Oh lordy, oh lordy, you know I need some loving
I'm moving, touch me

7. Take with me the cocaine train
Take with me the cocaine train
Take this line.
Take this line.

8. There's a dirty great monster in this house
we pretend that it's not there
and there's no escape from it's it's grip
but nobody seems to care

9. It's hard to remember how it felt before.
Now I found the love of my life.
Passes things get more comfortable.
Everything is going right.

10. How can I put this in a way so as not to offend or unnerve
There's a rumour goin' all round that you ain't been gettin' served
They say that you ain't you know what
In baby who knows how long

11. The word is about, there's something evolving,
whatever may come, the world keeps revolving
They say the next big thing is here,
that the revolution's near

12. So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
Call me a bitch cos I speak whats on my mind
Guess its easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

13. We've got it together darlin', we're ready for it
You see I'm smilin'
Hmm we've got the people talkin', they know how we feel
And it's no big deal

14. Move a step closer you know that I want you
I can tell by your eyes that you want me too
Just a question of time I knew we'd be together
And that you'd be mine I want you here forever

15. I've been away from you for far too long
Too much chances make my heart go frantic
I wanna tell you what's been goin' on,
operator give me Trans Atlantic

16. Without you,
the ground thaws,
the rain falls,
the grass grows.

17. Can't get the stink off
He's been hanging round for days
Comes like a comet
Suckered you but not your friends

18. Let's get it crunk, we gonna' have fun
Up on in this dancery
We got ya open, now ya floatin'
So you gots to dance for me

19. Well, I see them every night in tight blue jeans
In the pages of a blue boy magazine
Hey I've been thinking of a new sensation
I'm picking up good vibration

20. Far out across the rooftops
Where the televisions sleep
Behind the perfect picture
Lie fanatical beliefs

5 comments:

  1. 3 Love song for a vampire
    11 History Repeating
    14 Dreams
    19 She-bop

    Not very good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, go on...
    i bet you can if you try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4. Fear - Sarah McLaughlin

    5. Happiness is a Warm Gun- Tori Amos

    10. Gett Off - Prince (or whatever currently call The Purple One)

    12, Can't Hold Us Down - Xtina Aguilera

    16. Without You - RENT

    18. Mary J. Blige - Song Title?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Madonna - "Let it will be"

    2. Santana - "Smooth"

    3. Annie Lennox - "Love Song for a vampire"

    4. Sarah McLachlan - "Fear"

    5. Nine Inch Nails -“Big Man with a Gun"

    6. David Bowie "John, I'm only dancing"

    7. ???

    8. Duran Duran - "Dirty Great Monster"

    9. Gwen Stefani - "Cool"

    10. Prince - "Get Off"

    11. ???

    12. Christina Aguilera - "Can't Hold us down"

    13. Lisa Stansfield - "You can't Deny it"

    14. ???

    15. Sheena Easton - "Telephone"

    16. Rent Soundtrack - "Without You"

    17. Radiohead - "Just"

    18. Mary J Blige - "Family Affair"

    19. Cyndi Lauper - "She Bop"

    20. Boy George - "Evil is so civilised"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was the answer to No.7?????????????????

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin