1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I didn't go to a movie theater once all year.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even remember if I made any last year. I know I didn't make any for this year. It's less pressure.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Other than a tiny piece of my soul, no?
5. What places did you visit?
New York, Brooklyn and the Bahamas via the QM2.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Will power. Motivation. A 32 inch waist.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
You want a date? A specific date? God, I can't even remember what day it is right now!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to work after LTD leave, and making it through this year's conference unscathed.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Going back on leave 8 months later.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My second iPod. 160GB. Fill 'er up! Oh, and The Big Penis Book. Hehe.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm going to say Keith Olbermann because he got out there and said the words so many people feel, from Bush to McCain to Prop 8.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anne Coulter, Sarah Palin, PM Stephen Harper, and most of the folks at FOX "news."
14. Where did most of your money go?
I didn't spend a lot of money this year, other than Christmas gifts, so that's hard to say.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Oh, it's gotta be either "Give It 2 Me" or "Black & Gold."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) the same
c) the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had spent more time maintaining my friendships and salsa dancing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hiding out and eating.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Uh-uh...Christmas spent me.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I never fell out of love.
22. How many one-night stands?
Absolutely none! Poodle hates when I do that!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Didn't TV suck last year? Meh. Desperate Housewives. Dexter. Dora the Explorer.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate? No, no one new.
25. What was the best book you read?
Unbelievably, I only managed to choke down one book last year, and it was Christopher Ciccone's horrible tome. This year's books are already purchased and lined up.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I had quite a few. Black Kids, Beast, CSS, Cut/Copy, Sam Sparro to name a few. Oh and that Cyndi Lauper had it in her all along.
27. What did you want and buy this past year?
A new cell phone.
28. What did you want and not buy this past year?
That damn iMac. To be resolved this week.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hello? I didn't go to the movies all year. And the ones I rented were C-rap.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to our neighbour's place across the street and celebrated our birthdays together. That's all you get.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Again, rebuilding my important relationships.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Does it fit?
33.What kept you sane?
Celexa, Wellbutrin and Poodle.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It's hard to say. I guess Eddie Cibrian had some nice exposure this year, but Allesandro Calza is definitely at the top of the Hubba Heap.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
There were so many! Even though I didn't talk that much about it, the passing of Prop 8 and the other measures in this last election was incredibly sad. Here at home, our PM and the other leaders are playing Russian Roulette with the country.
36. Who did you miss?
No one. I wasn't aiming at anybody.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I haven't got a clue. I didn't meet a lot of new people. I met three different bloggers, all equally fabulous. I guess my IP Therapist.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
HA! That comes from J*O*E*: Take the meds. Srlsy, though...there isn't anything you can't get through...if you take the meds.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"Some days I'm a SuperBitch, up to my old tricks but it won't last forever."
40. Favorite accessory of 2008?
All of my shoes because no matter how big I got, they still fit.