Sunday, May 31, 2009

Do Not Miss Your Chance To Blow

They say that if art doesn't make you uncomfortable or stir some kind of emotion, then it isn't really Art.

Sacha Baron Cohen's alter egos Ali G, Borat and now Brüno, are definitely Art because I always feel awkward and confused when I see him.

Tonight is no exception. During the incredibly painful MTV Movie Awards, "Brüno" provided the funniest, most awkward (and even a little scary) moment.

Descending from the ceiling following a "wire malfunction," Brüno landed right in Eminem's lap -- face to thonged ass.

Marshall's reaction? "Are you serious? Are you fucking serious? Get this motherfucker off me!" He then stormed out of the room.

At first I thought it must be staged, but then we found out that not only did he fume his way out of the room, but that he left the building and he was not in a very happy place.

It was kind of surreal and I had to remind myself that this was LIVE television. I felt like I did when I saw Borat chasing after Pamela Anderson: scared.

I will say this: Zachary Quinto, who you know I don't care for at all regardless of the newest gay rumours, seemed quite excited by the homoerotic melee.

I bet it made him feel something.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah - the Quinto was VERY excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhhhhhaa!!!!!!1!

    That was the only moment I saw, and I thought it was awesome. I'm pretty sure Bruno staged it, but I don't think little Marshall knew what was coming.

    SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinto looks like he's thinking:
    "Why not me? Why not me?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sasha Baron Cohen and his characters!! The Borat movie made me pee myself in laughter. This 'wire malfunction' could have also produced a similar reaction.

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin