So, I thought I would resurrect an old favourite, the Dinner and a Movie Star meme. Oh, and I have tagged people so pay attention!
1. Pick a single person, past or present, in the film industry who you'd like to have dinner with, and tell us why you chose this person.
While this is a tough question, I'd love to break bread with Rosalind Russell. How fucking fabulous would that be? Why? You don't know why?? Because she's freaking fabulous!
"Taste. You cannot buy such a rare and wonderful thing. You can't send away for it in a catalogue. And I'm afraid it's becoming obsolete."
She was such a wonderful actress and she got to play so many memorable roles. Plus, she reminds me of my favourite aunt who passed many years ago.
I wouldn't cook. I would want to devote all my time to her. We would go to my favourite restaurant in Toronto, Scaramouche. Roz could order anything she wanted. I'm thinking we'd start with uber-dry Grey Goose martinis; mine with a twist, hers with an olive. Or perhaps she would prefer a Kir Royale? Oh, anything she wants, she can have! Bring her the bar if she asks for it!
I'd have a seared foie gras appetizer with a perfect Sauternes, a 100 point Château d'Yquem. Then, a perfectly grilled beef tenderloin with a full bodied Caymus or Delheim. I would order a dessert, Scaramouche's signature Coconut Cream Pie, and save a few final sips of Sauternes and enjoy the flavour explosion on my tongue.
Ms. Russell would have the Arctic Char, I'm sure. Perhaps the Mahi Mahi. And seasonal vegetables. A nice dry Chardonnay and then she would indulge in a flourless chocolate cake, or perhaps theCrème brûlée. Perfection.
Of course, we would both be glamourous and gorgeous and I would be the envy of the entire restaurant. I would wear the most beautiful suit looking all black-urban-chic- fabulousity with the most gorgeous gunmetal Grey tie. Ever.
After dinner, I'll suggest a leisurely pause at the Avenue for cocktails, but she'll insist on going to the Black Eagle. She'll be gracious and lovely, even as the most butch leather daddy crumbles like a giddy schoolgirl, but she'll be ever-so-devoted to me. We'll slam back a couple of beers and I'll escort her to her hotel.
3. List five thoughtful questions you would ask this person during dinner.
I don't know how thoughtful our evening would be. She seems like she would be a laugh riot! We may not get to the thoughtful questions! But let's see...
(FYI, the beauty parlor pic will blow up to wallpaper size if you click it.)
- Joan Crawford on the Women? Bitch or not? Dish.
- The glory that is Auntie Mame...tell me all about it!
- The most scandalous Hollywood and Broadway tale that you know is true!
- List off the closeted gay actors. All of 'em.
- If she could remake ANY movie from the last 40 years, which role would be her dream role?
4. When all is said and done, select bloggers to pass this Meme along to.
Let's see...who to tag, who to tag???
1. Geoff in U-da-ho. ('cause I ain't da ho'.)
2. Damien, because he simply cannot resist a meme.
3. cb, because I don't think I've ever tagged him for anything.
4. Mitzi, because everything goes better with some Mitzi.
5. MJ because I've KNOW I've NEVER tagged her for anything.
Now, there's a whole coleslaw salad of people that I didn't include in the tag list like Kitty, the hobbit, Jason, Mikey, MAC, Chris (the hooker killer), Larry, Pansy Bastard, Mark in DE, Michael Rivers, truthspew, Tom, Ayem8y, Donnie, J*O*E*, (who I used to tag for everything but he has a lousy mess of packing to do and he's already working on a project for me), little Stevie Rader and on and on and on.... I just thought it would be a little overwhelming for such a huge list, but if you betches wanna play, I wanna see!
Squeee! Now get busy!