Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ow-Ow-Ah-Ah-Ah-Orda-Orda-Ah-GaGa-Oh-La-La-Out of Order

I've been a little out of order, out of commission n' shit.

I blame the holly-days. I just got back from a super fast trip to NYC to visit one of my "besties" and my goddaughter, Miss O.

Tomorrow, I'm off to the 'burbs to celebrate New Year's Eve AND one of my oldest friends' 40th birthday.

I've tried to get caught up, but if feels almost impossible. I won't give up, but y'all on my blog list should know that I may comment on some shit that you've long moved past. Just bear with me.

In the meantime, I got tagged on my FB from JOE about my Best of 2009. Here's what I managed to pull together in a few minutes:

TOP TEN ALBUMS / CDS / RECORDS / RELEASES / WHATEVER YOU CALL THEM

* The XX: XX
* Alphabeat: The Spell
* Tegan & Sara: Sainthood
* Lily Allen: It's Not Me, It's You
* Yazzmeen: Atmosphere
* Annie: Don't Stop
* Bat For Lashes: Two Suns
* Antony & The Johnsons: The Crying Light
* Morrissey: Years of Refusal
* The Gossip: Music For Men

HONOURABLE MENTION ALBUMS

* Wet Cookies: Soul Protection
* Just Jack: All Night Cinema
* Kasabian: The West Rider Pauper Lunatic Asylum
* Sally Shapiro: My Guilty Pleasure
* rekevin: Nulukatuk

UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING ALBUMS

* RuPaul: Champion
* Rihanna: Rated R
* Alicia Keys: The Element of Freedom
* Pet Shop Boys: Yes
* Deadmau5: For Lack Of A Better Name

ALBUM HOLDOVERS: I have no idea what an album holdover is, so i'll just say these:

* The Black Kids: Partie Traumatic
* Portishead: Third

TEN SINGLES

* Gaga: Bad Romance
* Cobra Starship: Hot Mess
* MGMT: Kids
* Basement Jaxx feat. Sam Sparro: Feelings Gone
* Bat For Lashes: Daniel
* David Guetta w. Kelly Rowland: When Love Takes Over
* Frankmusik: Three Little Words
* La Roux: Quicksand
* Lily Allen: The Fear
* The Gossip: Heavy Cross

TOP VIDEOS

I've watched very little in the way of music videos this year, but I would say:

Madonna: Celebration
Lily Allen: The Fear
and Gaga's Paparazzi and Bad Romance--which is, hands down, THE video of the year.

5 comments:

  1. The XX and Gaga, definitely ACE choices. Happy New Year Kevin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be posting my singles of the year shortly.

    in the meantime, happy new year to someone i've grown quite fond of this year.

    cheers.
    kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and Poodle! Enjoy your celebrations, and catching up on your bloglist this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Someone's God for you to do it all for me. I am musically disinclined, unless it involves long-dead composers who wrote music prior to 1899.

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin