If I was anyone but Kris, Alison or Danny, being safe from elimination this week would be no great feat.
Before I get to the performances, can we just pause and reflect on Kara? First, she looked like she was ready to climb down from the Judge's Perch and give that dude a beat down for heckling her. Then, she says "Studio 57" instead of "54?" Wha--?
- Kris was the king of all tonight with his beautiful re-do of one of my favourites, "Aint' No Sunshine."
- Danny did my non-favourite "What Hurts The Most" but he did it well, and I hate to admit that it was kind of touching.
- Alison was a little awkward with her guitar (that she only played for 30 seconds) but still delivered on No Doubt's "Don't Speak."
- Lil's "I Surrender" was almost painful. She's got the pipes but Simon's right, it was SO old fashioned.
- Adam. Adam, Adam, Adam. "Play That Funky Music" has never sounded so...fucked up. I hated it. It was a horrible ball of cheese. The hair, the weird dance moves...Please! He'll be safe because all the little 'tweens always fall in love and vote for the gay guy, but that's was just ba-rutal!
- Anoop was a-nnoying. He brutalized Usher's "Caught Up." I'm tired of his cocky ass, too, but...
- Matt sang something by The Fray, and I'm a-fray-ed that he's in danger of getting the boot, but...
- Scott bored the brains out of me with Billy Joel (who I do like) and I was completely distracted by the bouffant that he copied from Lil, but...
Megan was horrendous and if she doesn't go home, I'll be amazed.