It will be interesting to see how the polls turn out tomorrow.
Obviously, I'm not going to break down the address since I'm sure everyone watched, but can I take a minute to discuss one thing?
Civil Rights. When he brought it up, I got a little chill. I thought here it comes, here it comes! He talked about the Iranian women and blah-de-blah, and then the magic words: Repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell. The question of when is altogether different, but there's a comfort in hearing his reassurance. But then, nothing of marriage equality; nothing about Uganda's "Kill Bill." Disappointing, yes, but not discouraging.
As a Canadian, the goings-on of the USA has always been of important interest, being that We're. Right. Here.
I watched it on CNN which had some kind of live tie-in with Facebook, which I never want to see again. Take a look at some of the comments made (all spelling, punctuation etc, intact) during the address.
Can you tell the Dems from the Pugs?
- Wow, lots of colors in the ties in the audience.
- why's he wearing a red tie? he's a democrat! RETARD!
- Liberals will be able to sleep tonite. They're getting lots of exercise standing and clapping for the lies
- did he say the "white" thing to do?
- Trade school is not a real education.
- Are those salt & pepper shakers in front of Nancy?
- Susan Herron looks like a hooker
- No more fat kidsss
- legalize marajuana
- maureen, you're hott!
- dont ask don't tell needs to stay right where it is.
- put gays on the front lines without weapons
- Military said Hell naw!!!!
Lourdes, save us.