Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thirty Day Challenge ~Day 2~ Favourite Movie

My "Favourite Movie" choice not only fulfills my Day 2 requirement of the 30 Day Challenge, it also cements my status as a giant, pink, blooming flower of a homo.

There are many films that I'll stop and watch as I tear through the channels with my remote control race car:
The Color Purple..."You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I need. "

Auntie Mame..."Exclusively what and restricted to whom? "

Out Of Africa...."I once had a farm in Af-rI-ca..."
Ahh....all fantastic classics...but my favourite movie has to be the one that slap on the DVD player on a boring Sunday afternoon; it's the one that won't let me continue to channel surf once I've stumbled across it. We can all quote at least ONE line from the film. Me? Why, every line is burned on my brain.

All gay men have track lightin'. And all gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve.
Steel Magnolias

3 comments:

  1. I probably shouldn't admit this, but... I've never seen that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...love it...love it! Oh and Sordid Lives too. "If Ida knowed you wuz comin Ida wore flats."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, YES! Steel Magnolias is chocked full of great lines. I remember seeing it in the theatre with a closeted friend while I was closeted, and when the line was said "All gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve" we looked at each other with eyes as big as saucers and burst out laughing. Good times.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin