Tuesday, September 7, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 8 ~ A Photo That Makes You Angry/Sad

"The Falling Man" refers to a photograph taken by photographer Richard Drew, depicting a man falling from the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 9:41:15 a.m. during the September 11 attacks in New York City.

The subject of the image was one of the people trapped on the upper floors of the skyscraper who apparently was forced to jump rather than die from the fire and smoke.

Whoever you are, God rest your soul.

ADDENDUM 9/11/10

Why would I allow myself to post something that stirs up so much emotion in myself, just because of some meme? I have removed the photograph of The Falling Man for many reasons, but mostly it is out of respect to the victims of 9/11.

For those of you who don't know what the photo is, I won't be linking it...you'll just have to find it for yourselves.

4 comments:

  1. That photo makes me both sad and angry.

    Sad - because the situation left this poor man just one option - jumping out a window to certain death.

    Angry - that this photo was EVER published. These sorts of images and happenings should be sacrosanct. `

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo made me think. It is images like this that remind us that there were victims in this attack, that is was not merely a crime against property.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly go the rest of my life without ever seeing another image from that day.

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin