Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Australia Austria Belgium Canada Czech Republic Denmark France Ireland Israel Italy Netherlands New Zealand South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland UK



Today was supposed to be Day 25 of the 30 Day Challenge, Your Day In Great Detail; I felt I needed to interrupt our regularly scheduled program once I found out that DADT is still in effect following the U.S. Senate vote.

This is disgusting! Obama, where are you??

I was going to go on a big rant, but I've decided to post the video of Boy George's very tongue-in-cheek song, G.I. Josephine, written out of protest regarding DADT back in '98.

The title of this post refers to just some of the countries that allow gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military.





I serve my country well
In slingbacks and beret
I march on your hypocrisy
'cause I am feeling queer today
As bright as all your medals
And shiny epaulettes
But I can't go to war right now
'cause my hair is a mess

Ah don't ask don't tell
Contaminate me with your smell
Perfume powder treachery
Loaded guns and sodomy
Soak me down with your desire
In the shower under fire
Wave the white flag, keep it clean
Call me G.I. Josephine

The dykes are on the starboard
They're polishing the guns
They're battening the hatches
As tough as any mother's son
There'll be no procreation
No baby cribs at sea
No friggin' in the riggin'
You can leave the boys for me

Ah don't ask don't tell
Contaminate me with your smell
Perfume powder treachery
Loaded guns and sodomy
Soak me down with your desire
In the shower under fire
Wave the white flag, keep it clean
Call me G.I. Josephine

Come out!
Come out!

And it's 1, 2, 3!
I don't live by the book
Don't ask me I don't give a damn
I don't wanna be a man
And it's five six seven
Open up the pearly gates
Ain't no time to wonder why
Anyone can die

Ah don't ask don't tell
Contaminate me with your smell
Perfume powder treachery
Loaded guns and sodomy
Soak me down with your desire
In the shower under fire
Wave the white flag, keep it clean
Call me G.I. Josephine


1 comment:

  1. With "friends" like Obama, who the hell needs enemies? Dear Mr. President, if you can see fit to sit on your hands for this, I am more than willing to sit on my checkbook and my hands in November 2012. I plan on voting for "None of the Above" if this bullshit continues.

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin