Sunday, September 30, 2012

What I've Been Listening To


I haven't done one of these since May so I thought I'd share with y'all what I've been listening to since the last update...

Most of it has proven to be pretty unremarkable.  Music needs a shake-up!


I have no issue with artists and bands being inspired by the 80's...it's one of my favourite eras! But this is just retro-overkill.  Terribly disappointing especially since I enjoyed their debut CD so much!
This is such an amazing CD!  Even the duet with Rufus (bitch!) Wainwright is good!

P!nk is starting to get a little generic and formulaic with her songwriting.  The whole thing just sounds...familiar.  The ballads save it.

One of my favourite bands of the Acid Jazz genre!  A little bit of greatness!
A gigantic disappointment.
Pure curiosity compelled me to check out CRJ's debut.  I don't think I'll be keeping it, but as far as "pop" music goes, it's right on the money. 
Hate it.  Another huge disappointment.
I really wanted needed this to be good.  I love supporting homegrown talent, but they're making it difficult.  2007's Galore was fun!  2009's Fixin' To Thrill was hit and miss.  Body Parts has like, 3 good tracks.  Sigh.
If watching paint dry needed a soundtrack, this would be it.
Exquisite.  I was enjoying her obscurity, but she's blowing up quickly.  Still, beautiful disc and a gorgeous voice.
Sam Sparro is my hero.  In a year of musical missteps, Return To Paradise is a welcome disc and is highly played on my iTunes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you said that about the Presets and Pink (and even the Pet Shop Boys) - so disappointing. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think P!nk, as much as I do love her, is getting too comfortable in her "brand" of music... That spunky, faux-punk rock that made her famous. There are some great songs on her album though, and you're right, the ballads do save it.

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin