Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What's Been Goin' On

In the continuing story of... ME!... I asked y'all to ask me questions and/or give me topics...

The man behind the Yummy, MAC, asked: "What's been going on? Work, extracurricular, love life... grab a cocktail, let's catch up."
Grab a cocktail, indeed!

Work:

In the spring of '13, I finally said goodbye to the company that I'd been with for a decade... As some of you may recall, I stepped down from my role as a General Manager for personal reasons.  Life was just too cray-cray, what with aging parents, step-parents who passed on within a couple of years of each other, etc, etc..  I couldn't be the leader I needed to be AND take care of business.  I spent a couple of years working with a sister brand and then... the time was right.

Since May of 2013, I've been working for an awesome Canadian company and in those months, I've received two promotions, including one that has me back in a Leadership role.  The time was right, and as it happens, I'm already up for yet another promotion.  The job has its challenges for me, as all of them do, but this one is primarily about the "clientele."  Let's just say they're not as civilized as I'm used to.  I'm planning on "featuring" some of them in future posts.  I just gotta check the "Code of Conduct" to make sure I don't violate any policies!

Extracurricular:

Who has the time?  I barely have time to update this little ol' blog.  Still, I try.  I continue to thrive on discovering new music and maybe one of these days, I'll start whipping up my classic mixtape posts.  Do y'all even want them?  Srsly....this boy wants to know.

I rejoined the gym, so there's that...I'll try to keep y'all posted, but really...it's gonna depend on my progress!  I'd hate to show you how fat I've gotten, only to stay a fat fatty.  

Love Life:

Poodle and I are still going strong; we celebrated our 12th anniversary this past December.  It's not to say that the year hasn't been without its challenges.  Poodle also started a new role, which has him working at all hours, stressed to the 9's along with dealing with his elderly mom who has been in hospital since the end of November with a fractured lumbar vertebrae that came from a fall that happened months before.

He continues to be my rock, and I, his.

My own father was hospitalized in January with a mystery condition.  As some of you might know, he's been on dialysis for the last six years.  Well, a certain muscle relaxant that has a reputation for being a bit of a doozy for the average Joe like you and me, can linger in the system which is a problem if you can't pee.  Fortunately, he came out of the haze after extra dialysis treatments.  On an even better note, he's finally on "the list" for a kidney transplant.  This is such good news, I can't even tell you!! 

So, I guess that's it...I mean...there's been a few concerts (Madonna, Rihanna, Cyndi Lauper), an obsession with a musical (The Book of Mormon) and the dilemma of using my tickets, or selling my tickets for the upcoming Cher show here in Toronto.  BTW, they're center floor, 8th row!!!  OMG!




I guess you could say that life is good.  Life is normal.  Life is what's been goin' on!

6 comments:

  1. Boy... that took a few cocktails! ;-) I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be going well. Thanks for the update, my friend!

    XOXO
    MAC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. it's mostly good. it hasn't been without its challenges but as sondheim wrote:

      Good times and bum times, I've seen 'em all
      And, my dear, I'm still here
      Plush velvet sometimes
      Sometimes just pretzels and beer, but I'm here

      I've run the gamut, A to Z
      Three cheers and dammit, C'est la vie
      I got through all of last year, and I'm here
      Lord knows, at least I was there, and I'm here
      Look who's here, I'm still here."

      Delete
  3. You sound like you have indeed been through a few downs, but have come through them all with spirits intact - thanks for the update, it's good to know. Jx

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin