Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Big Dull Dud

I want to like him, I really do.

My BFF, Trixie, has some tough luck with men.  I'm not sure why...he's cute, built, has a good job, loves the theatre, and is a big ol' bottom...and he's pretty strict about it.  There's nothing versatile about him.  Sadly, Toronto is also known as Bottomville.  Nary a top to be found.

This past New Year's Eve, he and I, along with Poodle, went out for a fun night.  Unfortunately, I had to cut the night short.  Such is the life of a retail whore.  Regardless, he and Poodle plodded ahead into the night to celebrate the New Year.

They ran into an old friend of Poodle's at one of the city's most popular spots.  Now, this fella...let me tell you.  Poodle and I have been together for 12 years and back in the day, we used to run into Mister X at various Pride celebrations and homo-parties.  Everytime I saw him, Poodle would say, "you remember my boyfriend, Kevin..." to which he would say, "Nice to meet you!"  This happened about 4 or 5 times. 

Look, I don't proclaim to be all that memorable, but I'm your friend's boyfriend.  I can forgive you not remembering my name, but know my fucking face.

But I digress...

Trixie thinks Mister X is nice and wouldn't mind exploring something with him, but Mister X has recently ended a very long-term relationship, so Trixie has been up front and said "no" to any type of rebound situation.  They agreed to forge a friendship and see where it goes from there.

Trixie recently celebrated his 40th birthday and Mister X was one of the few folks who were invited to the dinner celebration.

When I walked into the restaurant and Trix said, "and you remember Poodle's partner." He shook my hand, and said, no joke, "Yeah, I think we've met once."

ONCE.  Bitch, how dare you!

Anyway, we all had dinner and then Mister X, Trixie and I went for drinks.  I cannot tell you how many times I looked for an opening to leave.  This guy is a big, dull dud.  I would never say that to Trixie, since he seems to kinda like him, but holy FUCK!  This shit just grinds my gears.

That's all.



1 comment:

  1. It's tough when you don't click with the person your friends dating. One of my closest friends has been seeing someone for the past 2 years. It's not that I don't like her, she's very nice. She's just sooooo boring. You have to have a sense of humor to hang with me, and she has none. That's all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin